20120311

Mass Effect 1 Character Journal : “Citadel 1 - First Visit”

~ NEW FILE ENTRY ~

 

Commander Andreas Sheppard Journal.
N7 Service Number : 5923-AC-2826
Executive Officer (XO) - SSV NORMANDY SR1

February 21st, 2183

- CITADEL - FIRST VISIT

Eden Prime + 1 (days)

Log Entry 2.0.0

Just got out of sickbay, explained to the doc and Anderson about my vision, was it our deaths I saw? Organics being butchered by Geth? Will this come to pass or will I be able to stop it? Who knows?. Anderson told me to go to the bridge, Joker is about to bring us into the Citadel, Its my first time here and I cant wait to see it; my mother once told me it was the biggest structure in the galaxy.

- Supplemental 2.1

Arrived on the Citadel, had a brief chat with Ambassador Udine, Don't think he really likes me; who cares, he is just a pencil pusher. Ash is amazed at the citadel and so am I, they actually have a lake here; on a space station!. We are going to head to the Citadel Tower to meet with the Council to present evidence in Saren's hearing. If he is there it will take a lot to stop me from putting a bolt into his face.

- Supplemental 2.2

Damnit! The council have let him go! Damn them. We need more evidence, Damn arrogant bastard, Next time I see him I will kill the smug bastard. On our way in we ran into a Turian C-Sec officer called Garrus Vakarian, He was in charge of the evidence for Sarens guilt. After a brief chat with Udine and Anderson, I am going to go looking for Garrus but have to go through a Middle man called Harken; some drunken officer. Also found out Anderson has a history with Saren, turns out Anderson worked with Saren to find a terrorist but Saren butchered innocents to find him. Saren really is a Monster.

- Supplemental 2.3.1

Headed to Chora's den and was ambushed by Turian assassins, Took them out with ease but the fact that Saren wants me dead seems to be evidence that I am a thorn in his side; good... I plan to keep it going. Chora's den was a sleazy place, Couple of Asari and human dancers, they were pretty good; I browsed the "Selection" as I looked out for Harken. On my way towards him, I bumped into a rather scary Krogan who was arguing with a Krogan Bouncer. Apparently his name is Wrex, Faced a Krogan before, not the best race you want to face down in a battle.

Sat down with Harken as he tried to push the conversation about Garrus aside and revealed that Anderson was actually the first human Spectre, Saren was his version of Nihlus for me; but He blew it and blames Saren. After shutting him up I got him to revel that Garrus had headed out to a Med Clinic on the other side of the wars; run by a "Dr Michael's" Heading over there now to find Garrus; hopefully no more assassins pop up.

- Supplemental 2.3.2

Walked right into that one didn't I? I walked into the Med clinic only to be confronted by several goons threatening the Dr, while Garrus was sneaking around the side; I was spotted by the leader before I could even take cover. The leader took the Dr Hostage and was about to fire in our direction when Garrus took the shot and killed the Leader. A quick fire fight ensued and I approached Garrus; who thanked me for the distraction, he was a good shot.

The Dr explained that the goons worked for Fisk, the man who runs Chora's den and were after someone called "The Quarian", apparently this Quarian had arrived several days before shot and scared; looking to speak with the Shadow broker so she sent the poor girl in the direction of Fisk, who worked for him. Garrus revealed that he no longer did and worked for Saren now. I asked Garrus to join us and sent Kaiden back to the ship and headed towards Chora's den again. Garrus spoke about the Krogan we met earlier, Wrex; suggests getting him on the team and I agree, will pick him up on the way back to the ship.

- Supplemental 2.3.3

Chora's Den was closed and I suspected they had caught whiff I was on my way, opening the door I was almost cut down by a hail of Plasma fire, luckily they were only goons, not soldiers. I tossed a grenade into the back and detonated a Fire exstinquiser, taking out 4 goons in one go. After pushing into the back I was confronted by Dock workers, Pathetic really, Scared them off with a quick speech; might as well as save the ammo.

Pushed into Fisks office and found him there, cowering behind a desk with two turrets online. Moments later he was down, Turns out Fisk was setting a trap for the Quarian and she was going to walk straight into it; I couldn't let him live for all he did, and warn Saren.

We rushed to the scene, Fighting through Chora's den once more and into the Wards. After a few minutes we found her, and took out the assassins. Her name was Tali'Zorah Nar Rayya, just hearing her voice I almost fell to my knees, She had the softest voice; I only wished I could see through her visor to her pretty face. Tali was on her pilgrimage, she had found evidence about Saren so we are heading back to Udine's office.

- Supplemental 2.4.1

Turns out the evidence she has is the best thing we found. Its an audio tape of her and some female talking about Reapers, Geth and something called the Conduit. Tali explains the Geth revere the Reapers as gods, they were a hyper-Machine Race 50 thousand years ago and may have hunted the protheans to extinction. I suddenly realise what my vision was, not our destruction; theirs, the Protheans. We have to stop Saren before he opens the Conduit and brings these Reapers back.

I sign Tali onto the team, why shouldn't I? her fighting skills and her voice, perfect. Tali, Garrus and I are heading to the Tower; Kaiden and Ash will sort out the Normandy if we have to leave.

- Supplemental 2.4.2

On my way out of the Embassies I was approached by a man called Samesh Bhatia, He needed help with his wife's body. She was on Eden Prime as part of the 212th Unit, turns out her body was not returned; I agreed to help. I found a clerk named Bosker and convinced him to hand over the body; turns out her body had wounds inconsistent with Geth Weapons damage and they wanted to test the body for ways to resist their weapons, I told him that even through we need to defend ourselves, doing this is the same thing as losing our Humanity. Samesh was happy to have gotten his wife back.

While at the Embassy bar, I found one of my men, Private Fredrick's, over heard him chatting about an Asari Consort; he was gloating about her and when I asked about her, it turns out he did not go. perhaps I should go over soon.

- Supplemental 2.4.3

I headed over to the Consorts place across the lake and it turns out it wasn't just some whore house I had expected, it was more of a nice place to chat with women, but also could be used for sex. I approached the woman at the door and told to wait three to four months, but was rushed in when the Consort saw me, turns out her name was Sha'ira and she needed my help. I had not been this close to an Asari before; well... apart from Chora's den, she smelt like a rare flower and her blue skin tined a light colour in the light. Sha'ira needed help with a former friend, a Turian General, they had fallen out and he hangs around in Chora's den spreading lies and drinking. Will pop by there when I can, but I best hurry to the council to present the evidence.

- Supplemental 2.5.1

Turns out the Council are not as stupid as they appear, they rescinded Saren's Spectre Status after hearing the evidence given by Tali, but did not listen about the Reapers; Fools!. Found out the woman's voice on the recording was Matriarch Benezia, a high powerful Biotic Asari with many followers. Udine demands a fleet but even I know that's useless; Hunting one man with a fleet will only cause a war in the systems you are in and near. So the Council make me the first "Official" human Spectre. The turian councillor didn't want me to be a Spectre but I will show him.

They send me after Saren who has fled into the Traverse, I am pointed to the C-sec academy for new gear and equipment.

- Supplemental 2.5.2

I just signed Wrex up to the team, He actually paid ME for killing Fisk; turns out it was his job and he did not like getting paid for me killing him. Good to have a Krogan on the team. I got my gear and headed up to the Normandy ( The Elevators take forever to get there, although I did get to look at Tali's ass and chat with her about her Pilgrimage. Upon getting to the deck, I found Anderson and Udine were talking; Turns out Anderson had been retired, and I am now in Command of the SSV Normandy.

I asked him about Saren and him being a Spectre, turns out something went wrong but did not push it; it was hard thing for him. Anderson points me towards several locations such as Benezia's Daughter: Dr Liara T'soni. Will hunt her down first, If she is on our side then we can use her help; if not we can take her out and hit Benezia where it hurts.

- Supplemental 2.5.3

Relaxed back in the quarters and then headed to the bridge; Joker told me to maybe give a speech so i thought I should. Putting on the comms, I began to speak. I thought I should be honest, I spoke about finding Saren before he found the conduit, that it would be dangerous and not easy, Eden Prime was not the last world he would attack, that Saren will be waiting for us and Humanity is alone in this fight. I swore to them that we will stop him.

Joker loved the speech, was never good at it, last time I gave a speech like this was on Elysium. I set a course for the Artemis Tau Cluster, Knossoss System, to the Planet Therum; Going to find Dr T'Soni first.

AFTER ACTION REPORT

Given Command of SSV NORMANDY SR1
Garrus, Tali Joined Team
SPECTRE Status
Mission Objective    
        - Hunt Saren
            - Find Matriarch Benezia
            - Find Dr T'soni

~ END OF FILE ~

~ NEW FILE ENTRY ~

No comments:

Post a Comment